- To send us an email, use our Contact form
- Check our links & resources page for other camping websites
- To find out about camps in Fiji, check out the CCI Fiji website
- For information about working at camps in NZ head to our Camp Workers page
- Head this way if you are looking for help in planning your next camp
- Find out about Pandemic Control
about christian camping new zealand
Christian Camping is committed to encouraging a holistic approach to life. Camping offers unquestionable benefits to the personal and social development of those participating in its programmes. “Challenge by choice” is always encouraged as these experiences build into the character of a child for life. New Zealand had its organizational beginnings at a meeting in 1976 at Kiwi Ranch in Rotorua.
who are we?
- Our member camps are spread right throughout New Zealand; all have facilities, and in most cases, facilitators.
- Each site utilizes their local environment and natural resources.
- Each site has a wide range of cliental: schools, churches, special needs, sports, community based groups, businesses etc.
- Each site is committed to a safe experience.
- Because of the National Network, camps are updated constantly with legislation and Regulations covering safe practices through the National Office.
- Each site is connected to not only a National but also an International Network of Camping and a great deal of idea interchange takes place.
- Christian Camping International began in California in November 1949.
- There are 18 Associations which cover 94 Countries of the World. 11.5million people attend camps per year (2004 statistics).
comments from kids about camp
“Thank you for letting us stays at your camp. I enjoyed having a spa and playing on the lullaby. The food was so yummy; I can’t wait to come again.” Teleah Alexander
“I think your camp is so cool, thanks for supplying us with food and water.” Michael B
“It was awesome to go to the Christian Camp, as me and my friends are Christians.” Kayla Madsen
“Thank you for letting our school bunk out at your camp it is soooooo cool.” Chantelle
“The kayaking was fun, the water cold, it was my first time ... Thanks for helping us.” Peter
“I had never had a spa before. It was so cool.” Terry B
“I loved the snow day; I had never seen it before it was fun and cold.” Jane T
“Thanks for helping me on the ropes course, I did it!!! I was scared.” Jass B
camping provides children with
- experiential learning
- appreciation for the environment