Planning a Camp: Checklists
Camp PDF Checklists
For Church Camps:
Checklist: Church Camp (473 KB)
For School Camps:
Checklist: School Camp (478 KB)
Checklist for Churches
1 Year Before Camp
- Select the camp location and sign a contract. Be aware of financial penalties and minimum charges should you have to cancel.
- Place the camp dates on the church/school calendar.
9 Months Before Camp
- Carefully think through the ultimate goal or purpose of your camp.
- Make sure you have a clear vision of what success looks like in writing.
- Design your camp theme creatively. Brainstorm and then delegate this to an appropriate person or team.
- Consider any promotional materials, including the registration brochure. Delegate this.
- Consider all the costs and work out a camp budget. Delegate this.
- Some churches work on "user pays". Some churches use a "voluntary donation" system. Some churches offer financial support for low income
- Consider fund raising activities
3 Months Before Camp
- Start promoting the camp to the church. Get brochures out. Mention it often in the newsletter. Encourage families to save for camp fees.
- Start to detail out the camp programme activities and write down a detailed camp schedule. This can be brainstormed and delegated.
- Consider arrangements for children's programmes. Arrange outside help if this is needed.
- Touch base with the camp speaker and worship band to communicate the goals and theme as well confirm what their needs will be.
- Touch base with the camp to make sure all plans are confirmed. Book instructed camp activities.
1 Month Before Camp
- Get aggressive on gathering commitments, registration and payment for camp.
- Use the weekly newsletter and or emails to increase the "buzz" about camp. Encourage prayer for God's spirit to move at camp.
- Finalise the programme, including some contingencies for rain. Forward this to camp staff.
1 Week Before Camp
- Finalise details with camp staff, e.g. final numbers, special diets
- Gather up all the materials, prizes, games, musical instruments, sound gear etc
1 Week After Camp
- Have testimonies during a church service or hold an after-camp service to consolidate the progress that has been made.
- Thank the Lord for His blessings.